Monday, August 17, 2009

Hot And Bitchy

Well, I finished the Peregrine story. It comes in at 8,491 words, though that's in all its unedited, rambling, run-on sentences glory. I haven't read it over yet, though it's been sent to my Constant Reader. No feedback yet though, I keep forgetting to ask. Next on my plate is more procrastination! possibly the Cirque story. That one was inspired by seeing a presentation of Cirque Du Soleil's KOOZA on TV a few months back. It was awesome. I was literally sitting there with my mouth hanging open. One day I will manage to see some Cirque shows live. Once I actually have some money to spare.

I have a cheque sitting here from EI, but the closest place to deposit it is a half-hour's walk away. And it's too hot for me to even want to walk to the grocery store, let alone half an hour to the ATM and half an hour back home. Supposedly there's a bus that goes close to it, but I'll be damned if I can actually figure out the bus routes around here. I know how to get to the local No Frill's and I know how to get to school, because they're on the same route and the bus stop is right out in the open. Otherwise, I'm hopelessly lost. But once I get my bus pass, I'll try to just take some random buses and figure out the area. Why don't I have my bus pass yet? Well, because they cost a hundred bucks and I don't have my funding yet.

Still.

Which reminds me, I need to e-mail my Second Career counselor. But seriously, folks, school starts on September 8th. They sent me an e-mail saying they've received a fee payment, but I was told the Ministry would contact me about going to sign a contract. Lack of communication, thy name is MTCU. That's the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities for those of you not up-to-date on your governmental acronyms.

Speaking of lack of communication, the maintenance crew or the landlords or who-the-fuck-ever around here in charge of repairs, you suck. The wall around my window is literally falling apart and my requests for maintenance have been ignored. I just put in another work order form today. Part of me is going, 'oh I don't want to annoy them I have to live here' and the other part is going, 'bitch do your job!' I also looked over the rental agreement today and apparently their idea of 'within a reasonable time' is 21 days. Really? Really? So if my shower broke, I would have to suck it up for nearly a month? If my oven broke, I would have to live on pre-made foods for a month? What, we don't have a microwave (yet). Am I crazy, or is a wall falling apart something you want to fucking check into?

God I hate the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment